Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Religion

I have noticed a theme of Christianity in your letters. I, myself, am not a religious person, but I am very interested in the role religion plays in the lives of others, especially people who are faced with extremely difficult circumstances. I was wondering if you could talk a little about your faith and how it affects your daily life. Were you raised in a religious home? Do you find that your religion is a comfort to you in prison? – Penny, Boston, MA


Hi Penny,

Penny, religion is not for everyone, yet there are some who can not get around without it. As I understand more and more about religion I can clearly see that being religious is a a way of life where most have not tried. Meaning they have tried everything under the sun to see if they could find peace. Money didn’t do it. Having jewelry that they are too afraid to wear because of crime didn’t do it. Going in and out of prison never seems to be the answer. So I think that religion has a way of finding someone down on their luck. So I have talked about how religion has given me peace and a different lifestyle. So let me say this, there are men and women that will never be able to convert to religion. It’s not for everyone but yet it is there for the taking. Religion has helped me to deal with things more wisely.

Peace to you Penny,

Vernon

10 Comments:

Blogger Wheel Chair Center said...

Hi Thanks for your interesting blog. I also have a blog/site, covering catalog chair wheel
related stuff. Feel free to visit my catalog chair wheel
site.

10/28/2005  
Blogger Mobility Aids Center said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a portable wheelchair ramps site/blog. It pretty much covers portable wheelchair ramps related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

11/05/2005  
Blogger Mobility Aids Center said...

I just came across your blog and wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here.
I also have a web site & blog about portable wheelchair ramps so I know what I'm talking about when I say your site is top-notch! Keep up the great work!

11/06/2005  
Blogger TheDevilIsInTheDetails said...

Another death illinois in penalty Resource... LifeLaw.org . A discussion forum for all that deals with such hot-button issues as death illinois in penalty .

11/07/2005  
Blogger TheDevilIsInTheDetails said...

Another after abortion Resource... LifeLaw.org . A discussion forum for all that deals with such hot-button issues as after abortion .

11/07/2005  
Blogger Antonio Hicks said...

I was just browsing various blogs as I was doing a search on the word poster, and I just wanted to say that I really like what you've done with your blog, even though it wasn't particularly related to what I searched for. I appreciate your postings, and your blog is a good example of how a blog should be done. I've only just recently started a Posters website - feel free to visit it when you get a chance if you wish. Much success, antonio.

11/09/2005  
Blogger Antonio Hicks said...

I was just browsing various blogs as I was doing a search on the word poster, and I just wanted to say that I really like what you've done with your blog, even though it wasn't particularly related to what I searched for. I appreciate your postings, and your blog is a good example of how a blog should be done. I've only just recently started a Posters website - feel free to visit it when you get a chance if you wish. Much success, antonio.

11/09/2005  
Blogger Wheel Chairs Center said...

I just came across your blog and wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here.
I also have a web site & blog about wheel chair battery so I know what I'm talking about when I say your site is top-notch! Keep up the great work!

12/23/2005  
Blogger meggablogger2 said...

You should check out this site! http://www.allwheelchair.com

1/22/2006  
Blogger Wheelchair Ramps said...

Found a site with great information on stair lifts and wheelchair ramps.

1/29/2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google Groups Subscribe to Meet Vernon Group
Email:
Browse Archives at groups-beta.google.com