Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Vernon's Children

I heard you have seven children. Can you tell me about them? Are you able to keep in touch with them? -Mike, Washington, D.C.

Peace to you Mike,

I only have six kids now. One was taken by an act of violence. My son had given the young man who shot him a place to stay. The young man was sixteen. He shot my son because he thought that my son wanted his girlfriend.

My five sons and one daughter have gone through some very difficult times since my confinement. I failed my kids as a father. I missed out on a lot of their activities while they were growing up. In my heart, I know that this is why they have run wild and at some points even ended up in prison themselves.

Since I have been back in the state of Maryland I have managed to get my daughter into a drug treatment program. She has been drug free for nearly two years now. My oldest son was also a victim of violence. Now he is in a wheelchair. He and I are probably the closest. He made me proud last week when he told me that he had accepted Christ into his life. My oldest grandson brings his father over in his wheelchair when he can. I talk to my oldest grandaughter Nik all the time too. You know what Mike? They actually still love me even after I was not there in their lives all that time. So things are looking up to becoming Christ-like.


As I came Mike I leave you in peace,

Vernon

6 Comments:

Blogger Wheel Chair Center said...

Hi Thanks for your interesting blog. I also have a blog/site, covering chair essay free wheel
related stuff. Feel free to visit my chair essay free wheel
site.

10/28/2005  
Blogger Mobility Aids Center said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a portable wheelchair ramps site/blog. It pretty much covers portable wheelchair ramps related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

11/05/2005  
Blogger TheDevilIsInTheDetails said...

Another jack law life londons Resource... LifeLaw.org . A discussion forum for all that deals with such hot-button issues as jack law life londons .

11/07/2005  
Blogger Wheel Chairs Center said...

I just came across your blog and wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here.
I also have a web site & blog about jazzy wheel chair so I know what I'm talking about when I say your site is top-notch! Keep up the great work!

12/22/2005  
Blogger Greg said...

Do You Want To Change Your Life... Do you need help in the following areas: Organization , Organization, Organization, Organization , Organization , Organization , and Organization ... Then quit procrastinating and Become the person you want to be.. I am Glad that you let me post on your site.. My goal in life is to teach people how to succeed in life with simple goal setting and motivation techniques....

1/15/2006  
Blogger meggablogger2 said...

Your blog is pretty cool. I'm gonna come back.
You should check out this site I like http://www.allwheelchair.com
Cool, Ravi

1/22/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google Groups Subscribe to Meet Vernon Group
Email:
Browse Archives at groups-beta.google.com