Monday, April 18, 2005

Vernon's Stay

-
How did it feel to receive a stay on April 1st? – Bob

[Editor's note: Before Vernon's stay, he was set to be executed by the state of Maryland during the week of April 18, 2005]

To Bob,

I hope that I don’t offend you with this answer. For a long time now I have believed that certain things you have to leave in certain hands. When the stay occurred, I only knew that my prayers had been answered and that now I would have more time to prove that I did not receive a fair trial in 1984. I knew that some people would be disappointed and that others would be relieved. Bob, making friends and getting mail are moments that can make a man or woman on death row emotional, but a stay is right below getting your conviction overturned.

May you continue to believe in God,

Vernon

2 Comments:

Blogger TheDevilIsInTheDetails said...

Another teen abortion Resource... LifeLaw.org . A discussion forum for all that deals with such hot-button issues as teen abortion .

11/07/2005  
Blogger thebluestbutterfly said...

Continue to fight for truth as hard as you can. Continue to have a relationship with God. Keep up both right until the end...regardless of what the end is.

1/27/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google Groups Subscribe to Meet Vernon Group
Email:
Browse Archives at groups-beta.google.com