Monday, January 30, 2006

Emails- Kirk Bloodsworth

Vernon has received hundreds of emails in the last few days. Some are kind and thoughtful, some are genuinely inquisitive, some are angry and hateful, some are ill-informed, some are incoherent, and some are spam.

It will be a few days before I receive Vernon’s replies to these messages in the mail. In the meanwhile, I’ll be posting some of the emails that are catching my eye here.

Around noon today, Vernon’s email account (which I maintain, as he doesn’t have internet access) received a message from Kirk Bloodsworth. Mr. Bloodsworth spent eight years on Maryland’s death row before he was exonerated in 1993. Mr. Bloodsworth was the first death row inmate in the United States to be proven innocent based on D.N.A. evidence.

Here’s is his message to Vernon:


DEAR VERNON

JUST WANTED TO SAY THAT I REMEMBER YOU WHEN I WAS THERE AND TONIGHT IM SUPPOSED TO SPEAK AT A CHURCH ON YOUR BEHALF.

I HOPE YOUR WELL I KNOW ITS TOUGH FOR YOU MAN. I KNOW ITS HARD BUT KEEP LOOKING UP. I WROTE GOV EHRLICH A LETTER TO GRANT YOU CLEMENCY THEY TOLD ME WAS GOING TO LOOK INTO IT? IVE BEEN OUT FOR 13YEARS NOW AND MY LIFE WILL NEVER BE THE SAME. I HOPE I CAN HELP IN SOME SMALL WAY. GOD BLESS YOU AND KEEP YOU ALWAYS...

WITH YOU IN SPIRIT

KIRK BLOODSWORTH

2 Comments:

Blogger ShotOfCourage said...

Kirk,

In your opinion, what is the appropriate punishment for a person who commits a brutal and premeditated murder, and why?

2/01/2006  
Blogger Bee said...

The appropriate punishment for George W. Bush, who has committed hundreds of thousands of premeditated murders, is impeachment and life imprisonment, along with the US paying reparation to the Iraqi people, the Vietnamese people, the Haitian people, the Chilean people...

2/05/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google Groups Subscribe to Meet Vernon Group
Email:
Browse Archives at groups-beta.google.com